Because you and your family deserve the very best care: An exclusive optional benefit available with selected Aviva Protection policies.
We’ve teamed up exclusively with Best Doctors® to offer Overseas Treatment Plan –an additional optional benefit available with selected Aviva Protection policies. Overseas Treatment Plan makes treatment abroad possible if you’re suffering from a covered cancer or neurology, as it will pay a pre-determined cash benefit amount.
When you add-on Overseas Treatment Plan to your Aviva Protection policy, the Plan will also cover your children (or children of your spouse/ civil partner; up to the age of 21).
How Overseas Treatment Plan works
1. Investigate: On diagnosis of one of the covered illnesses requiring treatment, you have access to the expert Second Medical Opinion service offered by Best Doctors through our Aviva protection policy.
2. Choose: After reviewing the information, and if the condition is eligible, Best Doctors will recommend up to four treatment centres of excellence (with at least one of them being in the United States) and you choose where you would like to be treated. Best Doctors will help you make decisions and be available to answer any questions.
3. Arrange: Best Doctors arranges your hospital admission and coordinates and pays for travel and accommodation for you and a companion. If it’s your child needing treatment, then two companions can travel.
4 .Treatment & Cash Payment: You receive treatment at your chosen hospital, and on your return home, we’ll pay a predetermined cash amount based on the number of days you spent being treated. See the section ‘What’s Covered?’ for details of the benefits payable. Also see the section ‘Exclusions’.
How much does it cost?
€12.50 monthly per life insured. : The premium for Overseas Treatment Plan benefit is reviewable and may change (increase or decrease) on each anniversary of the start date.
Eligibility & Qualifying Conditions
· You can only take out Overseas Treatment Plan with an Aviva Protection policy. It can’t be taken out as a standalone policy and we’ll only cover you under one Overseas Treatment Plan. Overseas Treatment Plan is subject to underwriting and will be underwritten along with the main protection policy.
· Applicants for Overseas Treatment Plan must have reached the minimum age and be under the maximum age which applies to their main Aviva Protection policy in order to apply for this plan.
Overseas Treatment Plan provides the option of treatment abroad as it will pay a pre- determined daily cash amount - plus covered travel and accommodation expenses - in the event of diagnosis with a covered cancer or neurology. It helps give you and your children financial freedom to access high quality treatment in leading US and European hospitals.
Daily Benefit Amount
Once you or your child is eligible, you’ll be paid a daily benefit amount depending on the length of stay at the nominated treatment centre, for up to 60 days. The daily cash benefit is paid to you on your return home.
Table of benefits
Nominated treatment United States Europe
Number of days of
overnight stay in nominated Day 1-7 Day 8-60 Day 1-7 Day 8-60
Amount of benefit €30,000 €100 €30,000 €100
per day per day per day per day
Best Doctors will advise you in advance of travel of the likely cost of treatment in each of the recommended treatment centres. If the total cost of treatment is less than the daily benefit amount above, the surplus amount is yours to keep in this instance. In the event that the total cost of treatment is more than the daily benefit amount, it’s your responsibility to meet any outstanding payment due. Best Doctors will assist you in arranging direct payment to the hospital.
Subject to the minimum & maximum benefit duration:
If your stay at the nominated treatment centre is less than 48 consecutive hours (24 consecutive hours for follow up treatment), then the treatment isn’t covered under the policy and you’ll be liable for all costs including treatment, travel and expenses.
If your stay at the nominated treatment centre is more than 60 days, continued treatment is not covered under the policy and you’ll be liable for all costs including travel and expenses after 60 days have passed. In this instance, we will still cover your return home travel costs.
Medical conditions covered
Any malignant tumour positively diagnosed with histological confirmation and characterised by the uncontrolled growth of malignant cells and invasion of tissue. The term malignant tumour includes leukaemia, sarcoma and lymphoma except cutaneous lymphoma (lymphoma confined to the skin).
For the above definition, the following are not covered:
· All cancers which are histologically classified as any of the following: pre-malignant; non invasive; cancer in situ; having borderline malignancy; or having low malignant potential.
· All tumours of the prostate unless histologically classified as having a Gleason score greater than 6 or having progressed to at least clinical TNM classification T2N0M0.
· Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia unless histologically classified as having progressed to at least Binet Stage A.
· Any skin cancer (including cutaneous lymphoma) other than malignant melanoma that has been histologically classified as having caused invasion beyond the epidermis (outer layer of skin).
Cover is provided for any surgical intervention including minimally or non-invasive techniques of:
· the brain (or any other intracranial structures); or
· benign tumours located in the spinal cord.
Travel & Accommodation expenses covered
Overseas Treatment Plan pays for economy class travel and 3-4 star accommodation costs for you and a companion. If it’s your child, or the child of your spouse/ civil partner who is ill these expenses will be paid for both parents (or a parent and companion).
Are the benefit amounts enough to pay for my treatment?
They're based on Best Doctors' experience as a medical services provider and expertise in the insurance sector. In the event the cost of the treatment is more than the daily cash benefit, Best Doctors will advise you if this, and your options. If this happens, then you will be responsible for paying any additional or outstanding charges due to the treatment centre. Conversely, if we pay your benefit entitlement, but the cost of your treatment is less than the amount of the daily cash benefit, the surplus amount is yours to keep. You might want to use the money to help you get back on your feet following treatment.
Anthony Curran is an advocate for your financial future who takes a holistic approach to your needs and goals. He will work collaboratively with you to define what success and financial independence mean to you and how best to achieve them. Anthony is well qualified to provide long-term support and guidance on a variety of financial challenges and will help you focus on what you can control. Defining your own financial freedom will help you be more comfortable about retirement and the possibilities of creating the life you want. Whether you are single, married, or raising a family, your approach to financial well-being now will shape your life for years to come. www.lowcostlifecover.ie